Welcome to my homepage. Whilst this is focused on Roleplaying Games, I also use it to list, link and discuss other areas of interest, such as music.
Please have a look around. (If you are a GM in a roleplaying game you will find many tools and docs to your liking). Also, please feel welcome to ask questions and post on the forums.
February 4th, 2014
- Added Big Day Out acts to my Gigs Page.
February 3rd, 2014
- Even more additions and changes to the SW-SIF Race Page inc the addition of 2 birdfolk (harkrinns & ibisils).
- Update to the SW-SIF Character Sheets. Adjusted the Advancement Tables and reposted under Files on the Player's Stuff Page.
January 29th, 2014
- Even more additions and changes to the SW-SIF Race Page over the last few days. I think most races are fairly final - but please copy and paste the racial stuff onto you PC Sheets again, just to be sure. Each racial entry has the Good and the Bad clearly separated now (with clearer division of stats and description too), so this is a whole lot easier now.
January 21st, 2014
- More additions and changes to the SW-SIF Race Page. New races include: Brayhan, Canisarans, Shardminds.
January 19th, 2014
- Somewhere here I think I added the following races to the SW-SIF Race Page: Dragonborn, Githzerai, Half-Orcs, Minotaurs, Muls.
January 17th, 2014
- More changes to SW-SIF Race Page: Races mod: Therans, Kreen. New races added: Wemics.
January 16th, 2014
- First day home from hols and a lot of ideas have been brewing. I started with several changes to the SW-SIF Races Page. main changes involve a change to ALL racial starting abilities, adding where you can find descriptions of the races, and changes to humans. (Details at the top of the page).
December 16th, 2013
- Added Changelings to the SW-SIF Races Page.
December 12th, 2013
- I added a quick Random Cavern Table to the GM Tools Page under files.
December 11th, 2013
- I am furiously working on getting a game ready for school activities. As it is a fantasy game I have rolled several new races, so I added them to the Races Page :)
December 9th, 2013
- Finalised some changes regarding the Abilities & Specialties. Most notably the removal of Thievery. Abilities that have received new Specialties in recent changes: Stealth, Perception, Technical. Also changed all relevant docs and pages.
December 4th, 2013
- Added Hide Specialty to Stealth Ability on the SW-SIF Abilities and Specialties Page.
December 3rd, 2013
- Added SW-SIF version of the Hindrances & Edges document to the Players Stuff Page.
December 2nd, 2013
- Added Search specialty to the Perception ability for the SW-SIF system.
- Moved Siege from Marksmanship to Warfare too.
- Updated and reposted Character Sheets with above Specialty changes.
November 27th, 2013
- Removed all references to Bennies on our Savage Worlds House Rules Page. Thus eliminating the use of different types of Bennies and the 'roll for XP for left over Bennies'. So, Bennies are back to exactly as they are used in the SW core rules :)
November 14th, 2013
- Added Forum, Crits and House Rules page for Mental Trauma. This is the chart used for Fear, Psychic Attacks and Insanity. I have also summarised the Insanity system from Realms of Cthulhu that we are adding.
- In fact, I went and rejigged the whole layout of the Critical Charts and added a table clearly outlining how long the effects last.
- Updated SW-SIF Character Sheet for this Mental Trauma and the new Operate Vehicle Specialties. Also changed to first info table to inc Relationships, removed 'Gender' and 'Deity' and shifted XP to the Advancement table.
- Also uploaded a SW-SIF Booklet-style character sheet.
- If you want to see what the Booklet style PC Sheets (inc new Sanity etc) look like head over to the Great NW Campaign PC Page on the Deadlands Setting site.
- Some new pics were added to the Abilities & Specialties page some time ago.
- Added an updated version of the Combat Actions With Guns to the GM Tools Page. There are now versions with and without guns for our SW-SIF System.
October 21st, 2013
- Adjusted the SW-SIF Abilities & Specialties lists to reflect a more generic style of play rather than just fantasy. (Will do so with the pictures soon). This meant adding several new Specialties into the text.
- I also changed the Specialties under the Vehicle Operation Ability. I made it more like the Fighting and Markmanship Abilities, where the actual vehicle is listed, rather than how it is used.
September 19th, 2013
- Added pics to the SW-SIF Races Page. Again, if you have better ones, feel free to replace, but keep the easy to read format; (aligned left, pics right).
- I knocked up a sample booklet style SW-SIF Character Sheet. See the Files under the Players' Stuff Page. (It is an actual PC, not a blank sheet. Main heading fonts are a Viking font, so they ay not show up on your screens).
September 18th, 2013
- Added pics to the SW-SIF Abilities & Specialties Page. I tried to add them in a way that doesn't extend the page much and doesn't through the left alignment out, so it is still easy to scroll down the page. Hopefully I have picked some pictures that help to quickly ID the Ability/Specialty when scrolling down. if anyone wishes to add some pics for ones I have missed, go ahead, but please keep in mind the ease of use of page. ie: keep info aligned left.
September 13th, 2013
- After some playtesting the SW-SIF for a little while now, I have made a fairly significant change to the Advancement part. if you are gaining or increasing Wild Die/Specialties for an Advancement you actually raise 2 (not the 1 I had). This seems to make more sense when balanced with how useful Edges are and the fact Abilities get used more than Specialties, and the fact there are LOTS more Specialties. I am sure players will agree with this change. So, any PC that has an increased Specialty on its Advancement Table will be able to add a second one for each time.
September 9th, 2013
- Just made sure all Abilities and Skills affected by Encumbrance were singled out on SW-SIF Character Sheet (a new one has been attached to the Players Stuff Page), The SW-SIF Rules Page, and on the **SW-SIF Abilities & Specialties Page.
- Also made a minor adjustment to the Dwarf Sturdy Quality (just to clarify what Run is).
September 6th, 2013
- Adjusted the Dwarf Qualities Sturdy & Stand Ground on SW-SIF Races Page.
September 1st, 2013
- Adjusted the Abilities associated with Encumbrance for the SW-SIF rules. (I hadn't added the penalties to obvious Abilities like Fighting). I also adjusted the PC Sheet (under files on Players' Stuff Page to easier reflect where Encumbrance is involved.
August 10th, 2013
- Added Halflings to the SW-SIF Races Page. I also modified races there to allow a choice of 2 Abilities to be raised at PC creation.
June 28th, 2013
- One fairly major change to the SW-SIF Rules made today. I separated 3 Specialties from Persuasion. Incite, Intimidate and Taunt are now 3 specialties for the new Ability, Coercion. I wasn't keen on adding new Abilities, but this change seemed very appropriate after creating several NPCs/Extras.
June 22nd, 2013
- Alright, after a fair bit if work the SW-SIF Rules are ready and in a usable state. Just to let people know there are: Separate pages for the Rules (see side nav bar); A Character Sheet (attached to Player's Stuff page); A Creature/Extras Stat Template (attached to GM's Tools page); and a whole new Forum to discuss these rules. Your thoughts and contributions to all of these are most welcome.
June 3rd, 2013
- New page, SW-SIF Hybrid Rules, is up and I have added all of the rules I have 'settled' on so far. Given the little discussion on the Forum for this I have made most calls myself. So far I have added Character Creation, Abilities & Specialties, Racial general rules, Charisma.
April 5th, 2013
- Updated the Savage Worlds Character Sheet on the Players' Stuff Page. I added the Advancement table (that used to only be on the ABPQ sheet - I added to Stats page to make it easy to track what Advancements you have taken and you can even use it to plan ahead). Shane, Blair, others who have already converted may wish to just copy and paste this last table onto their character sheet.
- Updated the Combat Action - No Guns chart for Savage Worlds. This is under the files on the GM Tools page, but players might wish to download and look at a copy of this.
- I also modified the Savage Worlds Extras/Monster template to align it more with the DnD ones I have been using (meaning order and presentation of info) and got rid of the weapons table so you can resize the whole template easily). See GM Tools Page.
March 20th, 2013
- News flash: A new playtest packet from Wizards comes out today and includes the Paladin, Druid and Ranger :)
- Added a link to Fantasy Flight Games in side nav bar. They have the right to Star Wars RP, Card and Minis now. There is a Quick Start game for their Edge of the Empire RPG and several previews for it.
January 3rd, 2013
- I updated the Character Sheet for the DnDNext Playtest Dec2012 on the Player's Stuff Page. As per Chaddy's suggestion, I moved Proficiencies to near the Weapons table. I also adjusted the Weapons table to include room for Damage Type.
- Whilst I was at it I also cleaned up the Weapon Table on the Savage Worlds Character Sheet and reloaded it too.
December 21st, 2012
- I added an updated version of the Character Sheet for the DnDNext Playtest Dec2012 on the Player's Stuff Page.
December 13th, 2012
- I really don't know how to get this across. There are many forums for it and I have said it many times, but PLAYERS, PLEASE REGULARLY keep an eye on the sites of the games you are involved in. I have been waiting for info over at Golarion for a long time…
November 27th, 2012
- Add a link to TV Tropes under the DM Tools page. (Very useful for PC/NPC generation or adventure plot development/twists). I also moved the Links on the page to the top so they can be utilised easier/faster.