Welcome to my homepage. Whilst this is focused on Roleplaying Games, I also use it to list, link and discuss other areas of interest, such as music.
Please have a look around. (If you are a GM in a roleplaying game you will find many tools and docs to your liking). Also, please feel welcome to ask questions and post on the forums.
April 5th, 2013
- Updated the Savage Worlds Character Sheet on the Players' Stuff Page. I added the Advancement table (that used to only be on the ABPQ sheet - I added to Stats page to make it easy to track what Advancements you have taken and you can even use it to plan ahead). Shane, Blair, others who have already converted may wish to just copy and paste this last table onto their character sheet.
- Updated the Combat Action - No Guns chart for Savage Worlds. This is under the files on the GM Tools page, but players might wish to download and look at a copy of this.
- I also modified the Savage Worlds Extras/Monster template to align it more with the DnD ones I have been using (meaning order and presentation of info) and got rid of the weapons table so you can resize the whole template easily). See GM Tools Page.
March 20th, 2013
- News flash: A new playtest packet from Wizards comes out today and includes the Paladin, Druid and Ranger :)
- Added a link to Fantasy Flight Games in side nav bar. They have the right to Star Wars RP, Card and Minis now. There is a Quick Start game for their Edge of the Empire RPG and several previews for it.
January 3rd, 2013
- I updated the Character Sheet for the DnDNext Playtest Dec2012 on the Player's Stuff Page. As per Chaddy's suggestion, I moved Proficiencies to near the Weapons table. I also adjusted the Weapons table to include room for Damage Type.
- Whilst I was at it I also cleaned up the Weapon Table on the Savage Worlds Character Sheet and reloaded it too.
December 21st, 2012
- I added an updated version of the Character Sheet for the DnDNext Playtest Dec2012 on the Player's Stuff Page.
December 13th, 2012
- I really don't know how to get this across. There are many forums for it and I have said it many times, but PLAYERS, PLEASE REGULARLY keep an eye on the sites of the games you are involved in. I have been waiting for info over at Golarion for a long time…
November 27th, 2012
- Add a link to TV Tropes under the DM Tools page. (Very useful for PC/NPC generation or adventure plot development/twists). I also moved the Links on the page to the top so they can be utilised easier/faster.
November 23rd, 2012
- I know I should not really be posting here, but hopefully someone will see. Could ALL members of the Rise of the Runelords campaign please head to the forums on our Golarion site and post on the thread I have put there requesting some direction for session 2 (even if you have posted once). Much appreciated. And PLEASE keep a constant eye on the campaign sites you are involved in.
November 21st, 2012
- Added a Funny Forum. Blair would appreciate this. Feel free to embed some funny (short) vids, but I would also LOVE some good pics and jokes (that I can use for my funy sheets I put up in the dunny at the bowling club).
(BG: Absolutely right, Connors! I've been collecting so much funny stuff over the years. Will start adding some stuff there, trying to cover so many bases. If you want more from any of them, let me know.)
November 13th, 2012
- Added a link to a Song of Fire & Ice Wiki to the side nav bar. I thought this would be of interest to a few of you. (We are looking at heraldry in History and I have wondered whether there was a collection of the shields for Westeros…and well, there is. This Wiki has awesome House pages with blazons :)).
October 18th, 2012
- Updated and reloaded the Critical Charts to the GM Tools Page.
- Updated the Businesses & Buildings doc on the GM Tools Page.
- (All changes made are in the relevant forums).
October 17th, 2012
- Critical Charts for our Playtest have been added to the GM Tools Page.
October 9th, 2012
- DnDNext Playtest Packet 3 has been released. It does not, as yet, have the levels 6-10. In fact, it doesn't seem to have changed any/much of the player's stuff. Monsters, XP, Encounter creation and Magic Items seem to have been the major revisions this time around.
October 8th, 2012
- A link to Role Playing Kickstarters added. Patronage a project and get stuff cheap. This is definitely the future of miniatures - though I am keeping an eye out for pre-painted sets. (Right now there is 1 lot on the front page).
October 1st, 2012
- I have separated the Music Thread into its own forum with many, more specific threads. I hope it is easier to follow and find info. Please post if looking for partners for a music tour, etc.
- I am no longer posting Song of the Week on the Home Page here. it was another of my ideas to draw more traffic, but it clearly did not work either :( (Shane, there is now a forum if you are interested still…and remember you can imbed your own).
- Not sure if anyone reads the Home Pages at all? It is here I post changes to each site, including our current Golarian Campaign. Please keep an eye on the sites you are involved with… I am actually at a bit of a loss as to how to get people to participate (or even just view). At least I have tried…:(
September 26th, 2012
- I added a blank template Character Sheet for DnDNext Playtest 2 to the Files section of the Player's Stuff Page. (It merges our old sheets with ideas from Shane and Blair's sheets). This one is very simple, using the color-coding of old (with some new ones) and includes how things are determined.
September 13th, 2012
Song of the Week
- After the huge success of my first embedded video :D, I have decided to do another one. Again - playing my 'Current Favs' folder on random this came up. In fact it comes up a lot as it is in all 4 of the family's fave Lists at the moment. The U.S Civil War video and military drumming caught my attention too. I just Wikied the song and noticed it has been #1 in OZ too. Hmm, maybe I am a bit slow, and it is rare to choose a charting song. Anyway, here you go (Shane)…oh and just ignore the crappy digitalised vocal part towards end, the rest is cool ;)
August 31st, 2012
- A monster/NPC statblock for DnDNext Playtest 2 has been added to the Files section of the DM Tools page.
- Shane also has a DnDNext Playtest 2 Character Sheet there for people to use. (I also have a sample PC done, with a few differences. Either can be used as templates).
August 23rd, 2012
- The Golarion/Pathfinder Campaign Site is up, but not a lot happening. (I see Blair has got the ball rolling with a start on his PC.
- Started moving old material from the Home Page to Home Page Archives. (Link in the Side Nav Bar).
Song of the Week
- OK - I was just playing my Fav List (at the moment) on random and went with the first song that I have not already posted. This week is the Nordic Kvelertak with Blodtorst. No idea what it is about, but sounds awesome. Check out the style changes in one song. Oooh, and the Cthulhu meets Vikings video!
- Also going with 1st embedded video this week. Might have more chance of people checking it out if it is right here…if people are even following what is new on the site?
August 21st, 2012
- Shane has been working on a Character Sheet for our DnDNext Playtests. See the latest on the Player's Stuff Page (attached under Files).
August 19th, 2012
- OK, our Pathfinder - Golarion Setting Site is up and running. Your PC stats are on the PC Page and each of you have a personal PC Forum. So please get a hold of the Rise of the Runelords Players Guide, get reading and get creating.
- News out of GenCon: The Sorcerer and Warlock (as well as an Adventure) have been included in Playtest Pack 2 - so just re-download it if interested in these 2 classes.
August 17th, 2012
- Just got Soundwave Presale Tics. Yay!
- Game on in Ballarat tomorrow. 1pm (though I will be down tonight, so if others want to arrive earlier we will be there). Hope everyone has seen Shane's instructions re PCs.
Song of the Week
- Here is another. A 'feel good' groove song from Pour Habit (who some of saw with NOFX & Bad Religion at The Palace). Party.
August 8th, 2012
Songs of the Week
- Well, only Shane seems to be responding to any of the music posts (and threads on improving the site, etc), so I will continue if only for you and I Shane. Here is a song from a new group (touring with Pennywise this week I believe). I love the album and this song: The Obituaries by The Menzingers. Their album, On the Impossible Pass, is shaping up against Zebrahead's Be Nice, as my choices of the year so far.
- Shane also posted Headbanger by Teenage Bottlerocket in the Music Forums…and I could not agree more. Being similar to the Riverdales, The Queers, etc. I have been loving this group. (Oh, and Shane, they have a funny video for it now :)).
August 7th, 2012
- Added link to Monte Cook's website. It includes his Malhavoc Press (d20) stuff and snippets from a new game he is working on. It is a SF-Fantasy setting with its own new system.
July 30th, 2012
- August's Ballarat Game date has been confirmed: Saturday 18th. We will be playing an adventure run by Shane in his Vale of Callus setting (see the Setting Page or Tab up the top).
- Also in August - the next DnD Playtest pack is due out. It includes Character Generation to level 5. It may even be out before the August Game and if so, I believe Shane will get us to create PCs. Given this news, I would love to start a campaign as soon after this as possible. It will be Rise of the Runelords, a Pathfinder Adventure Path. You can Download a Player's Guide from the Paizo site if you are interested in getting an early start on the setting. (Anyway, more info on this later…but I can't wait to start a campaign :)).
July 17th, 2012
- Chaddy has added 3 docs to the GM Tools Page (Animal Generation, Potions & Scrolls, and Character Personality Traits). It is great to see some additional material being added (and I appreciate his feedback and use of the other charts).
- Just a note to keep people up to date. Keep an eye on the Forums, especially in regard to when and what we are playing. It is an exciting time, being able to be involved in official Playtests of the next version of Dungeons & Dragons :)