Last 3 Edits
Dec 13th, 2016. Added to paths from Unearthed Arcana.
June 21st, 2016. Removed 'Heavy' property from banned Monk weapons and removed subclass - replaced with link to our article.
Feb 19th, 2016. Removed mention of the Swim skill.
Weapon Groups: Monks gain proficiency in Simple weapons from their proficient groups, however, they gain proficiency with the Martial weapons of 2 of these groups (which should reflect their unique fighting style). Choose any 5 weapon groups. All chosen weapons are considered monk weapons unless they have any of these two properties: two-handed, unbalancing.
Tools, Items, Vehicles, etc: Select any 1 that reflects your major study (typically artisan tools or musical instrument group)
Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity
Skills: Choose 2 from Acrobatics, Athletics, Endurance, History, Insight, Performance, Religion, and Stealth.
SUBCLASSES (Monastic Traditions)
- Way of the Arcane Fist. (EN5ider, Speaking with Fists, Josh Gentry).
- Drunken Master. (ENWorld database, jamesmanhattan).
- Way of the Four Elements. (PHB p80).
- Way of the Kensai. (Unearthed Arcana, Wizards of the Coast).
- Way of the Long Death. (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p130, Wizards of the Coast).
- Way of the Open Hand. (PHB p79).
- Way of the Reckless Dance. (House - DMGuild).
- Way of the Seven Temples. (ENWorld database, jace).
- Way of Shadow. (PHB p80).
- Way of the Shifting Flow. (En5sider The Art of Peace).
- Way of Steel. (ENWorld database, Khaalis).
- Way of the Sun Soul. (Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide p131, Wizards of the Coast).
- Way of Tranquility. (Unearthed Arcana, Wizards of the Coast).
- Way of the Watchful Gate. (En5sider The Art of Peace).